JANEZEEEE

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

My first "race" of the season

Last Sunday, my clanging alarm made me jump out of bed at 5:20 a.m. so that I could leave by 6 to head out to the Pine Flats road race East of Fresno. It was so frigid cold that I was thinking that I must be crazy to be doing this! It was drizzling and in the low 30s as I got into my car. As I lined up to the start of the 60k race sans a warm up becasue all I wanted to do was get back into my car with some hot coco and drive back to a warm house, it came to my attention that it was just me and 3 McGuire girls. We were all taking turns pulling at the front at a nice Sunday ride tempo, when with about 20 miles left to go, they started to attack me. In a half ass kind of way, I pedaled up to catch the o-so-scary "attackers". When all of us got back together, I had to ask which one was next to do the cat and mouse game in order for me to know which one I was supposed to "catch". While spinning along through the climbs, the thought came through my head what it would be like if I wasn't riding with my training wheels and also without my heavy duty armadillo tires? I was so happy afterwards to get back to my truckito and find that Miss Mary was there with hot chocolate and lots of yummy things to eat.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:36 AM, Blogger Velo Bella said…

    raaar


    scared you!

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Brent said…

    Dude.. that bike your riding weighs like 25 pounds.. LOL.

    Nice job having fun with it and not going deep for such a small event.
    You have much larger fish to fry and its a looooong season.
    meow

     

Post a Comment

<< Home