JANEZEEEE

Monday, February 27, 2006

Weekend with the Fam

After a great pre-season race at Snelling, I decided to head up to Gold River for a few days instead of back to Santa Cruz. As I walked in the door, I was saddened to not be greeted by Brody, their yellow lab that died a couple of weeks ago. However, I was greeted by Helen, my 15 year old cousin that has similar features to Brody. Emmett and I even found that Brody's choke collar even fits her so that we can take Helen for walks in the evening instead of Brody.

Now, there are many reasons why I love coming up here, but I must share two specifically. First, the FOOD!! For those of you that are avid cyclists, you know that your life is filled with three things; riding, sleeping and eating. Trish always cooks the best food and there are always plenty of left overs. Also, the cupboards are full of cookies, fruit roll-ups, marshmallows, hot chocolate, etc. Second, Mark makes the best martinis! They are strong, dirty, shaken, icy and powerful! After sipping one of those, I'm definetly slurring the words.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Ann D. said…

    So how do strong martinis go with 5:20am mornings?

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger Brent said…

    are you saying were starving you at the Chapmans? :)

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Does this mean you will follow the family tradition and start making incredible martinis when you return to the Chapmans? Better write down some of those recipies and share your knowledge.

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Chris Hughes said…

    Hey Jane -

    My wife approved the cannondale (hope I can say that here) and I have been trying to get your dad to ride faster ever since. Its gonna be a long road to hoe on that one. And I had to learn to ride the stupid thing too. I bit it a couple of times in the process - but hey who sez an old man cant learn new stuff?

    You are Marissa's hero, BTW.

    Regards,

    Chris

     

Post a Comment

<< Home