JANEZEEEE

Sunday, September 03, 2006

In Austin on Labor Day

Thoroughly excited to have a two day weekend because of Labor Day, I booked it out of Plano as soon as I could after work Saturday evening and headed for Austin where my bro Sean, and his fiance, Ann live. I saw a chance to escape the dullness of Plano even if it was for two days and I took it as fast as I could!

Ann has already trained Sean quite well as the designated dish washer in their relationship. You go girl!


Me and Ann taking a self portrait. Yes, it took two of us to hold the camera because I was too shaky after drinking a delicious late at Cafe Teo.




Me practicing the "self-portrait" mode on my spiffy new digital camera. (Still very excited about it.)

I would recommend going to the Draught House beer pub that is off of Medical Pkwy in Central Austin. They had a very delicious Hefeweizen (or however you spell it). Also, the atmosphere is great.

I was being a good future sister-in-law by going to the bridal store with Ann and being the model for bride's maid dresses. I think I tried on about 6 and retried about 2 or 3. Now, if you know me, you know that I was really being good because I usually don't like to try a lot of things on. However, Ann was really quick in her decisions, so I think we make a good "shopping match". I also don't think Sean would've been as good of a model as me with the whole dress thing.

Sean working on the old steel Nishiki. I taught him everything he knows about bicycle mechanics. Ha! Ha!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Ann D. said…

    You're always welcome in Austin--and you might not even have to try on any more dresses!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home