JANEZEEEE

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

What will make you go faster on a training ride?

Today, I finally rolled out about 1 p.m. for my ride. I was procrastinating because I knew I had some hard work ahead of me that I just did not want to do! I had 3x15 min. in Z4 ahead of me. The first 2 on the rollies of Hwy 1 N. of Santa Cruz and the 3rd was up Bonnie Doon Rd. Yikes!!! Not so very fun.

So...I was wondering how I could do these intervals and enjoy myself at the same time? While warming up along Cliff St. in Santa Cruz pondering this question I came across quite a catch on a beautiful green Rock Lobster road bike. "Sheesh!" I thought, "I could ride behind him forever!" Of course, besides the bike the first thing I noticed was the great Oklahoma-style mullet sticking out from under the helmet. Instead of hoping that he would notice me, I blatantly went up along side him and commented on his hair and how it made me feel a little home sick for Texas. I figured this was one of the best pick up lines that I could think of on the spur of the moment. (Like I have tons of pick up lines in my pocket, anyways.) He introduced himself as Daryl S. Vickers from the trailer parks of Sonoma County. (Double wide, not single) "Wow! Big Spender!" I hollered. After a little bit more chit chatting, we figured out that we were heading the same way. "Allright!" I thought to myself. I will have something to chase while doing my intervals!

Needless to say, I chased that boy like white on rice. After the ride, I asked him out on a date to the classiest restaurant I could think of...McyD's!! My treat!! I was thinking of the advice that Grandma Z. has always given to her grandaughters, "You can never have anything less than 8 boyfriends."

3 Comments:

  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger Lilly Bella said…

    So was he a big Mac kind of daddy or just a chicken mcnug?

    I bet you had a great work out. I am stuck with trainer sessions with my guy wearing lance socks.

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Velo Bella said…

    Maybe he was biggie fries.

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Velo Bella said…

    And did he really have a mullet? Thats hot.

    I'd chase my bella socked guy like white on rice if I could. But with me its more like
    like...

    I dunno...but its not fast like white on rice

     

Post a Comment

<< Home