JANEZEEEE

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Bend, Oregon

I arrived here in Bend, Oregon Monday evening after a long long day of travel which started at 4a.m. from Pittsburgh. I've never been to this part of Oregon, and it reminds me a little of Silver City, NM. Very gorgeous! Right now, I'm looking out the window of our host house eyeing the snow peak of Mt. Bachelor, knowing that we'll be racing out there starting tomorrow. Our host family is awesome! Thanks Barb, Lou, and Adam Becker!!!!
Last night, Hiroko, Kele, and myself made dinner for the team and the Beckers. The menu reminded me of eating out at Luby's where you can get anything and everything that you want. We made tacos, spaghetti and salad. Such a great combination, it was delightful!! Afterwards, we played UNO, commando style. Meaning, the rules changed just about every time we went around. Leiselot, kept throwing in these fangled Belgium rules that no one had ever heard of, and of course cheating was permitted just as long as you didn't get caught. Leiselot said the rule was if you get caught cheating, you had to pick up 7 cards. (Yeah right, we nixed her on that one.)

2 Comments:

  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Pizie said…

    Jane, I forgot you'd be out in Oregon with the rest of the girls. Tell lieselot I said hi! and have fun~

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Pizie said…

    Oh... and post some pics if you can.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home